Poster Session - May 2024
Poster Session Criteria & Submission Details...
We are seeking RGS members to create a poster/poster board about their genealogy/family history personal research or expertise and share it at the May 2024 General Meeting. Think Science Fair, but it will be a Family History/Genealogy Fair. No in front of the room presentations. You'll have a table to present your work, talk to other RGS members, answer their questions. Apply for for your poster to be considered by completing the form below. This will be fun! Please consider sharing your findings. We will award the top three posters with a prize! 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be able to choose from a set of genealogy reference/resource books at the May event! Twenty-five posters will be selected for our first RGS Poster Session.
Registration is limited to RGS members. Become a member of RGS to participate.
Please complete the short form below to register to participate in the 2024 RGS Poster Session. Deadline to register is Friday, 1 March 2024.
Present a tri-fold poster on...
- Your favorite genealogy resource/tool
- An individual you have conducted family history/genealogy research
- A family that you have conducted family history/genealogy research
- Significant family history/genealogical event
- A genealogical/family history trip
- Family reunion
- A genealogy/family history research method
- Military service/SAR/DAR
- Archival project
- Genealogical/family history photo project
- Family heirloom or keepsake
- We encourage ideas beyond the list provided above!!!
- Poster Sample 1- Sample provided by San Mateo County Genealogical Society
- Poster Sample 2 - Sample provided by San Mateo County Genealogical Society
- Poster Sample 3 - Sample provided by Donald Sigwalt
- Poster Sample 4 - Sample provided by Jim Paprocki
- Poster Sample 5 - Sample provided by Jim Paprocki
Tri-fold Poster Information
- Tri-fold Poster Board that can sit free standing on top of a table.
- Example tri-fold board, example on Wikipedia .
- Easels will not be provided by RGS.
Please contact Bill Troicke at firstname.lastname@example.org.