Writers Interest Group
Everyone has a different idea on how to preserve and share their research. The format doesn't matter, we're here to help.
The Writers Group is unique in that we don't have speakers. Rather, we choose pertinent topics for discussion and share what we're working on.
The Writers Group currently meets via Zoom at 7pm on the first Thursday of every month.
Questions? Please contact Laurie Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year we decided to take the 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks Challenge from genealogist Amy Johnson Crow. This is a fun challenge. It's not limited to writing and the prompts are open enough to take in many different directions. It's never too late to participate!
Upcoming Writers Interest Group Events
- Blanchard, Gill. Writing Your Family History. Coyden: Pen & Sword Books, 2014
- Carmack, Sharon Debartolo. You Can Write Your Family History. Cincinnati: Betterway Books, 2003.
- Hatcher, Patricia Law. Producing a Quality Family History. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 2003
- Howells, Cyndi. Planting Your Family Tree Online: How to Create Your Own Family HIstory Web Site. Nashville. Rutledge Hill Press, 2003.
- Stratton, Penelope L. and Henry B. Hoff. Guide to Genealogical Writing. Boston: New England Genealogical Society, 2014
- Zinsser, William. Inventing the Truth: The Art and Craft of Memoir. Boston: The Houghton Mifflin Company, 1987.